Here are the details on the "Chuck vs The Footlong" Campaign.
1. Get the word out on this program. Lots of people want to help Chuck, but may not have the time or inclination to write letters, but the network will listen closer if we’re talking dollars.
2. Still, if you can…write letters to NBC & Universal telling them why you think Chuck is great (Ben Silverman is Co-Chairman of NBC and Angela Bromstad is with Primetime Programming). In that letter be sure to mention that you’re going to be supporting Subway, one of Chuck’s key sponsors by purchasing a $5 Footlong the evening of the finale and that you’re spreading the word to convince more fans to do the same…this is a way for non-Nielson fans to show their love of the show by directly supporting one of Chuck’s key advertisers.
3. Write a thank you letter to Subway, letting them know what the fans are trying to do here and thank them for their product placement spots on Chuck.
4. Convert as many new fans as you can before the finale…we need the numbers.
5. On April 27th be sure to BUY A $5 FOOTLONG from Subway and if possible, drop a note in the comment box at the franchise letting them know you’re participating in the Finale and Footlong campaign to save NBC’s Chuck, of which Subway is a product placement sponsor.
6. Watch the finale LIVE if possible.
If you do nothing else…do the last two items on the list.
Again…the intent is to let the network and their sponsor know that we’ve received their message. This is something a Nielson box can’t do…this is a translation of fan loyalty into real dollars that NBC & Subway can measure. Thanks for listening.
Subway - Chief Marketing Officer
325 Bic Drive
Milford, CT 06461
3000 W. Alameda
Burbank, CA 91523
President of Primetime Series NBC
100 Universal City Plaza
Bldg 1320, 4th Floor
Universal City, CA 91608